Thur 29 July
7pm (doors & refreshments 6pm)
£14 / £12 membs & concs / £44 family (max. 2 adults, 2 u18s)
Bring a chair
From the creators of The HandleBards comes a fantastically wild(e) new production, ripping up the rule book and celebrating silliness. We ask that you prepare to witness the impossible – the entirety of Oscar Wilde’s classic play of manners, affairs and handbags being performed by just two rather dashing entertainers.
Don’t forget to bring your own seats, picnic blankets and filled hampers to the proceedings, and wear attire suitable for the meteorological conditions.
Our guide to getting the best out of your time outdoors
- Come prepared! – Bring whatever you need for a cosy evening. Sun shades, sun cream, hats, warm woollies, blankets, waterproofs, face mask, a waterproof lap cover (either a sheet of paper or a bin bag work well), a sleeping bag (it may seem silly, but even the warmest day can turn into the chilliest evening) and insect spray!
- Bring your own seat – Low backed chairs, rugs and a cushion are always nice. Combine comfort and style!
- Gather a posse – in line with current Covid restrictions! Bring friends and family (family tickets are available). The more the merrier for a fun day or night out!
- Arrive Early – Pick a great spot in line with current Covid restrictions and enjoy the atmospheric surroundings
- Bring a Torch – It’s very helpful to safely find your way back to the car for evening performances.
- Bring a Picnic – Although refreshments are also available from an hour before each performance.
Maumbury Rings is an Amphitheatre situated in the centre of Dorchester. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is DT1 1QN. Nearby parking can be found in the various town centre car parks (see map above). Unfortunately there is no parking available on site.
Maumbury Rings has wheelchair access. No seats are provided at this venue so please feel free to bring a chair or a picnic. Please note there are no toilets in Maumbury Rings with the nearest being in Farefield car park
During our events at Maumbury Rings we have a stall with tea, cakes and soft drinks.
Tickets can currently be purchased online or by telephone. The telephone line will be manned between 9.30am and 1.30pm Monday to Friday. At all other times please leave your name, telephone number and ticket requirements and we will call you back.
We are not currently able to welcome visitors for advance face-to-face ticket sales.
No booking fees are charged, but a £1 Future Fund levy is included in most ticket prices to support our work. This levy is included in the published ticket price. Concessionary prices (for events promoted by Dorchester Arts): where available, these are offered to under 18s, students, those in receipt of benefits and people on low income regardless of age.
Please note that outdoor performances will go ahead come rain or shine. Cancellation will only occur in extreme circumstances and we will notify ticket holders immediately should such a situation arise.
Covid-19-related ticket policy
We are operating a ticket-less system at the present time. On arrival at events, please give your name and reference number at the box office to gain entry. Once checked in, a wrist band will be available. We will ask you to help yourself to these wrist bands in order to minimise contact.
If you are unable to attend a performance due to a positive Covid-19 test result, displaying Covid-19 symptoms or have been instructed to self-isolate, please contact us to exchange your ticket for an alternative event (of equivalent value) or claim a refund. Please contact Dorchester Arts as soon as you are aware of a problem. Tickets cannot be reimbursed once an event has passed.
Dorchester Arts is a registered charity, so if you feel able, please consider forfeiting your refund as a donation.