Fri 16 July
Nothe Fort, Weymouth
7pm (doors & refreshments 6pm)
£17/£15 membs & concs/ £56 family (max. 2 adults & 2 u18s)
Bring a chair
Opera Anywhere have thrilled us time and time again with their energetic and accessible versions of Gilbert and Sullivan classics.
This year they return to the perfect location of Nothe Fort with a marvellous performance of HMS Pinafore.
This is a tale of mismatched love across different social classes. Climb aboard to find out if love prevails and enjoy a feast of fun along the way. Hip hip hooray!
‘…the young singers bring rich tones and harmony to the work along with impressive acting skills.’Dorset Echo (on The Mikado)
‘Every man and woman of them gave it both barrels of a piratical blunderbuss, and the church rocked with energy and fun.’The Daily Info (on The Pirates…)
Our guide to getting the best out of your time outdoors
- Come prepared! – Bring whatever you need for a cosy evening. Sun shades, sun cream, hats, warm woollies, blankets, waterproofs, face mask, a waterproof lap cover (either a sheet of paper or a bin bag work well), a sleeping bag (it may seem silly, but even the warmest day can turn into the chilliest evening) and insect spray!
- Bring your own seat – Low backed chairs, rugs and a cushion are always nice. Combine comfort and style!
- Gather a posse – in line with current Covid restrictions! Bring friends and family (family tickets are available). The more the merrier for a fun day or night out!
- Arrive Early – Pick a great spot in line with current Covid restrictions and enjoy the atmospheric surroundings
- Bring a Torch – It’s very helpful to safely find your way back to the car for evening performances.
- Bring a Picnic – Although refreshments are also available from an hour before each performance.
Built in 1872 to protect Weymouth and Portland harbours, Nothe Fort is now one of Weymouth’s premier tourist attractions. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is DT4 8UF. There are Council operated car parks in Nothe Gardens. The Fort is just a short walking distance from these car parks.
Acesss to those with Restricted Mobility is available to most of the fort including the cafe and all levels.
Fully compliant disabled toilets are available and all refreshment areas are accessible.
Nothe Fort has a cafe which serves hot and cold drinks and lunches. The cafe will be open during our events.
Tickets can currently be purchased online or by telephone. The telephone line will be manned between 9.30am and 1.30pm Monday to Friday. At all other times please leave your name, telephone number and ticket requirements and we will call you back.
We are not currently able to welcome visitors for advance face-to-face ticket sales.
No booking fees are charged, but a £1 Future Fund levy is included in most ticket prices to support our work. This levy is included in the published ticket price. Concessionary prices (for events promoted by Dorchester Arts): where available, these are offered to under 18s, students, those in receipt of benefits and people on low income regardless of age.
Please note that outdoor performances will go ahead come rain or shine. Cancellation will only occur in extreme circumstances and we will notify ticket holders immediately should such a situation arise.
Covid-19-related ticket policy
We are operating a ticket-less system at the present time. On arrival at events, please give your name and reference number at the box office to gain entry. Once checked in, a wrist band will be available. We will ask you to help yourself to these wrist bands in order to minimise contact.
If you are unable to attend a performance due to a positive Covid-19 test result, displaying Covid-19 symptoms or have been instructed to self-isolate, please contact us to exchange your ticket for an alternative event (of equivalent value) or claim a refund. Please contact Dorchester Arts as soon as you are aware of a problem. Tickets cannot be reimbursed once an event has passed.
Dorchester Arts is a registered charity, so if you feel able, please consider forfeiting your refund as a donation.