Miracle Theatre return for their annual outdoor visit to Maumbury Rings with their adaptation of The Third Policeman, one of the comic masterpieces of European literature: a surreal adventure, with hilarious characters, streaks of dark humour and an unforgettable plot twist.
Since its publication in 1967, it has collected legions of fans and earned its author, Flann O’Brien, a worldwide reputation as one of Ireland’s great comic geniuses.
It takes us to a world somewhere between Alice in Wonderland and the Marx Brothers, where the earth is not round but sausage-shaped and night is actually an accumulation of black air; where eccentric policemen fall in love with bicycles and you can visit eternity via a rickety lift, hidden beside a lane in the heart of rural Ireland…
Written by Flann O’Brien, adapted by Bill Scott, Meiert Avis & Robert Bayley.
‘Brave, bonkers and brain-boggling. I loved every minute!’
‘GO & SEE IT. It makes ‘Craggy Island’ life seem like the epitome of bland normality!’
‘This bonkers comic adventure is not to be missed!’ Sophie @ Muddy Stilettos
Thursday 13 July
£12 / £10 (Members and Concessions)
Our guide to getting the best out of your evening
- Come prepared! – Bring whatever you need for a cosy evening. Warm woollies, blankets, waterproofs and insect spray!
- Bring your own seat – Low backed chairs, rugs and a cushion are always nice. Combine comfort and style!
- Gather a posse! Bring friends and family (family tickets are available). The more the merrier for a fun night out!
- Arrive Early – Pick a great spot and enjoy the atmospheric surroundings
- Bring a Torch – It’s very helpful to safely find your way back to the car.
- Bring a Picnic – Although refreshments are also available from an hour before each performance.