NEW CLASS starting on Tuesday 22 May… 10.30am – 12noon. Call Dorchester Arts 01305 266926 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Thursday, 10.15am – 12.00noon
Suitable for all ages & experience
Connect has been running for around 2 years and is led by the fantastic Jo Treaves – a passionate drama teacher based in Dorchester with a wealth of Theatre knowledge!
The group currently has around 10 members and meets every Thursday morning at Dorchester Arts, at the Corn Exchange from 10.15am – 12.00 and is absolutely FREE!
These theatre and drama skill workshops are fully accessible and are for people that want to explore their creativity and are perfect for those with little or no drama experience. The group experiement with a variety of different drama techniques during the sessions and often use texts, improv & plays from a range of mediums.
So if you are keen to meet new people from all backgrounds in a friendly, inclusive, fun environment and would like to try something a little different, get in touch or drop in to Dorchester Arts and ask what it’s all about!
Call: 01305 266926
Or pop in at the Corn Exchange and see us! We are open from Mon- Fri, 10am – 4pm.
- Being a relative newcomer to Dorchester, Connect has been a wonderful way to get to know a multifarious group of people as we flourish in our enjoyment and participation in drama activities…The sense of belonging and community that I experience as a member is second to none and feel truly incorporated into the Dorchester Arts scene.
- I like it – its fun and I enjoy other people’s company more. My confidence has improved and I have learnt a lot about drama.
- It has given me a positive outlook and I use the drama practices to help me cope with everyday stress.
- Since joining Connect I feel I have connected with like minded people who come from different walks of life and ages. The youngest is 19 and the eldest 60. I feel I belong… and feel more positive and confident. I am allowed to be myself which allows me to relax and bring forward drama skills that I never knew I had.
- I have found a niche in the performing arts and may it grow and grow…I developed like a seed that flourishes through Connect.
- Connect literally completed my happiness with my life
- Thanks to Connect I am no longer afraid to step outside my comfort zone. I have learnt invaluable things and I am now more confident as a result