Outdoor Theatre at Maumbury Rings
Adapted & Directed by Bill Scott
Miracle Theatre makes a welcome return this summer, this time unpacking Chekhov’s bittersweet comedy about a once-wealthy family, whose idleness and extravagance have brought them to the brink of bankruptcy. Obstinate and self-absorbed, they are deaf to the rumblings of change which surrounds them, and unable to accept help when they need it.
Will it take a revolution to destroy their cosy world of privilege and entitlement – or will their own stupidity be enough?
‘A comedy, even in places a farce’ Anton Chekhov
Cornwall’s award winning Miracle Theatre has developed a strong reputation for producing entertaining and dynamic adaptations of classic plays.
Go and see for yourself this summer!
What people have said about Miracle Theatre:
‘Miracle are a joy – go and see them!’ Western Morning News
‘Eclectic & Ingenious!’ The Stage
‘Excellent entertainment enjoyed by our entire family’ Audience feedback
“Truly Fabulous! Perfect example of what live outdoor theatre should be all about!” Audience feedback
On past Miracle shows
“Absolute masterclass in comic timing’” Western Morning News (Magnificent Three, 2015)
“World Class” Western Morning News (Waiting for Godot, 2013)
“A noble and faultless staging of a timeless piece” The Stage (Waiting for Godot, 2013)
“clever commedia characters played with huge energy, slapstick, versatile doubling and cracking comic timing” The Stage (Government Inspector, 2006)
7.30pm (refreshements from 6,30pm)
£13 / £11 members & concessions / £40 family ticket (max. 2 adults)
Audience: Recommended ages 7+, young children to be accompanied by an adult.
Running time: Approximately 2 hours plus interval.
MIRACLE GUIDE TO OPEN AIR THEATRE
- Come prepared! – Bring whatever you need for a cosy evening. Warm woollies, blankets waterproofs and insect spray!
- Bring your own seat – Low backed chairs, rugs and a cushion are always nice too, combine comfort and style!
- Gather a posse! Bring friends and family the more the merrier for a Miracle night out!
- Arrive Early – Pick a great spot and enjoy the beautiful surroundings
- Bring a Torch – It’s very helpful to safely find your way back to the car.
- Bring a Picnic – Refreshments will also be available at Maumbury Rings.